Monday, February 28, 2011

Stepping up for Lot

The last time I posted I posted about Abram and Lot separating, read it here.

Now, I’ve also come to realize something. Even though Lot and Abram pitched their tents in two totally opposite directions, there were still some clear connections between the Abram and Lot.

In Genesis 14, we see another instance where we can learn from the character of Abram. Even though he’s settled in his place, when Abram hears of his nephew Lot’s capture, he jumps to immediate action.

While separations are a reality, our response to those whom we have withdrawn from, should still have a place in our hearts and minds and cause us to intercede (fill in the Gap) for them when they need it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

About Me

My photo
St Thomas, Ontario, Canada
I'm a thirty something trying to figure out what looks better, leaving my hair the way it is or just bring it down to the skin. I'm also contemplating how I can fit into those pants I baught last year without having to sew. I'm Christian which means that I Love Jesus and that I've got a cool bumper sticker. I Have the best wife in the world (which I don't deserve) and want to spend the rest of my life with her. My 3 Boys are almost as geeky and nerdy as me and the only difference between me and them is that I can at least pull off being cool when I'm around my wife.

Followers